Tracy

Delicate?

Tracy    1

Are the clay pipes as delicate as the name of the material would make them appear to be?

I know Meer's are prone to damage when dropped, but I'd think clay would be even more sensitive to damage?  Or is the material more like the clay sewer pipes in strength (those things are typically made like tank armor)?

Hunt3r    4
Are the clay pipes as delicate as the name of the material would make them appear to be?
I know Meer's are prone to damage when dropped, but I'd think clay would be even more sensitive to damage?  Or is the material more like the clay sewer pipes in strength (those things are typically made like tank armor)?

I had a German clay churchwarden I got a while back.

It smoked cool, but I held it by the bowl; I felt that clenching, the stem would not be sufficient to hold a bowl with tobacco. I might have been mistaken, but I was nonetheless fearful.

It did break, before I had smoked it a dozen times or so. I know the stem did break, but I can't remember how. It sure was a cool smoke though.

My experience is the meers may be a bit more fickle. My last meer will not fit correctly in the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tracy    1

Most of the German made (if done in authentic style) are supposed to be pretty sturdy.  The newer cheap pressed ones aren't as stout from what I understand.  I imagine that they are similar to meer's in their impact on the flavors of the tobacco.  May end up getting one or two just to try.