Filtered Pipes  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you prefer a filtered pipe

• Yes
    • No
    • Really doesn't matter to me
    • Depends on the tobacco

Tracy    1

What is your preference.  At times I've found that a filter makes the smoke "smoother", but with some of the milder tobaccos it makes it annoyingly tasteless.  I've gotten to where I lean towards using one of my filtered pipes for my stronger tobacco if I have a hankering for that but don't what the normal "whang" that it gives.

What is your preference for your everyday pipe?  Why do you prefer filtered or non-filter as your primary pipe?

I lean towards an unfiltered pipe, coming from the cigar world.  I like to experience the different flavors without anything blocking/filtering any of the flavors.

Johnny101    2
On 10/19/2016 at 7:37 PM, Tracy said:

What is your preference.  At times I've found that a filter makes the smoke "smoother", but with some of the milder tobaccos it makes it annoyingly tasteless.  I've gotten to where I lean towards using one of my filtered pipes for my stronger tobacco if I have a hankering for that but don't what the normal "whang" that it gives.

What is your preference for your everyday pipe?  Why do you prefer filtered or non-filter as your primary pipe?

I lean towards an unfiltered pipe, coming from the cigar world.  I like to experience the different flavors without anything blocking/filtering any of the flavors.

I do agree filters do take off a bit of the harshness. But most the pipes I did smoke when I was smoking were unfiltered.

Tracy    1

I enjoy the flavors from the unfiltered pipes.  You get a truer taste of the tobacco, but sometimes when you just want "smooth" the filter fits the bill.  The only filtered pipes I have are the Il Ceppo, a cheap Grabow and the 3 corn cobs I have.  They all have their time and place, but I normally reach for the unfiltered first.

Hunt3r    4

I only have one filtered pipe now, that Ratrays butcher boy.

It's a good smoke, but I think I prefer this pipe over the others I have, mainly due to shape and not so much the filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 1